History of Imageland

History of Imageland 2014-08-31T15:14:58+00:00

History of Imageland

  • Started in the early 1980’s as an off-shoot of “Candid Camera” which was established in 1947
  • First 1-hour photo lab in Hamilton – beside McDonalds (now TSB) on Victoria Street
  • The present owners (Enevoldsen’s) took over the business in 1995
  • Moved in 1998, to the other side of Victoria St with much larger premises opposite Alma St
  • 2001 First Digital photolab in Hamilton using true photo paper
  • 2002 First Computerised Matboard cutter in Waikato
  • 2004 Started printing photos on Canvas – first full service in the region
  • 2007 the Picture Framing moved to a more suitable location at 55 Lake Road in Frankton
  • 2007 City store was extended into the former office & workshop space & split in half
  • 2013 Major upgrade of printing machinery to allow for larger sizes and increased capacity
  • 2014 Merger of branches into newly re-furbished Lake Rd location